To maintain the original appearance of Eddie Borgo products we recommend that you treat each piece with care and follow the below instructions:
- Limit exposure to direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep all jewelry dry AND PUT ON AFTER THE USE OF COSMETIC AND BODY PRODUCTS. Water, lotion, fragrances, and any other oil or water based products will increase the likeliness of tarnishing.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry at the beach, swimming pool, or while excercising or playing sports. CHLORINE AND RELATED CHEMICALS CAN SEVERELY DISCOLOR AND DAMAGE JEWELRY AS WELL AS LOOSEN STONES AND SETTINGS.
- Limit contact with rough surfaces and other metals in order to avoid scratching and changes in color.
- When cleaning, we recommend you use polishing cloths. Such cloths are non-abrasive and will remove debris with little effort.
- when not in use, store jewelry in the protective bag and box received with purchase.
- Because metals and stones become scrathed when coming into contact with one another, we recommend that you store each piece of jewelry seperately.
- chains should be stored closed and laid flat to avoid the formation of knots.
please note that eddie borgo jewelry is made of plated metals and will tarnish over time with much wear. all stones are hand cut and of natural material; slight variations and distinctions are possilble.
- avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- keep each jewelry box dry at all times.
- If your jewelry box does somehow become wet, let it dry at room temperature.
- to clean and dust your jewelry box, lightly wipe it with a dry cotton cloth
- hardware can be cleaned with polishing clothes.
- when cleaning your jewlery box, NEVER use strong detergents or water-based cleaning products.
- do not store the your jewelry box in damp, humid or wet places.
- when not in use or when traveling, store jewelry box in the protective cloth bag received with purchase. storage in Plastic or any other non-porous materials will cause the leather to dry out.
please note that each eddie borgo jewelry box is made of hand dyed and embossed italian LEATHER THAT may fade over time with use; slight variations and distinctions are possible.